Over the past few decades, minimally-invasive treatments have become the most sought-after cosmetic treatments. Whether it’s injectables or skin peels, these procedures have enabled patients to achieve their aesthetic goals in a safe and simple manner. For patients struggling with excess fat and loose skin, there are new options available that can help them address these issues.
AGNES RF gives patients the ability to eliminate pockets of fat from areas such as the face, jawline, neck, and other parts of the body. This quick procedure with virtually no downtime has taken the world of cosmetology by storm and is considered one of the most advanced microneedling treatments available today.
What is AGNES RF?
Agnes RF is a cutting-edge treatment that employs the power of microneedles charged with radiofrequency energy to stimulate new collagen production, leaving the patient with tighter skin that looks natural. When RF energy is administered to the skin at great depths, it can accomplish the following:
- Address skin laxity and drooping
- Improve the smoothness of the patient’s skin texture
- Reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Restore lost volume to the skin
- Trigger collagen production
- Tighten areas of the face and neck that suffer from skin laxity
- Reduce the appearance of scars
Sagging skin is considered to be a normal part of life that progresses as we go through the aging process. When we are young, our bodies produce large amounts of the proteins collagen and elastin. This production tends to slow down once we hit our 30s, depriving our skin of its natural support system and leaving it susceptible to sagging. While the aging process is mostly to blame for this phenomenon, there are some external factors that can contribute to it as well. Some of these include:
- Poor diet
- Chronic dehydration
- Family genetics
- Excessive sun exposure
- Large weight fluctuations
- Chronic stress
- Being a smoker
What are the benefits of Agnes RF?
- A customizable treatment that can be tailored to a patient’s individual needs
- Excess fat and loose skin can be addressed simultaneously
- The treatment sessions are considerably short
- It is a tried and true technology that is totally safe to use
- The micro-needles are carefully insulated to ensure maximum protection from all surrounding tissue
Who is an ideal candidate for Agnes RF?
For patients who are struggling with facial skin issues, such as under-eye fat pockets and loose skin, AGNES RF microneedling in Michigan can provide relief and elicit great results. It targets the deeper layers of the skin to induce remarkable transformations.
Ideal candidates for treatment with AGNES RF are patients who:
- Are of sound body and mind
- Are non-smokers or are willing to quit for a time leading up to and following their procedure
- Have pragmatic expectations for the outcome of the procedure
- Are looking for a non-invasive alternative to surgery and are willing to undergo multiple treatments over a period of time
What does the procedure entail?
While lasers are light-based forms of energy, Radiofrequency energy is electricity that is controlled with precision by using specially-designed devices such as the Agnes RF. When applied to the skin, the electricity produces heat.
This heat works by inducing fat coagulation and tightening collagen fibers in the skin while simultaneously triggering new collagen production. RF energy drastically reduces the sagging of the skin, giving the patient a more youthful appearance.
Fibroblasts are cells that are responsible for creating new collagen. These cells perform more slowly as we age, making it difficult for the collagen to keep skin supported. As such, it is recommended that patients get regular treatments to fight off this process. Getting regular upkeep ensures that the skin has as much collagen as possible.
What is the recovery process like?
As collagen can take a while to build up, patients will see a gradual improvement in results over the course of a few months. The results will continue to improve long after patients leave the office, and there is virtually no downtime. While mild swelling and skin redness are common side effects, they usually dissipate within the first two days.
Why choose Accents Cosmetic Surgery?
Mark N. Berkowitz, M.D. is a highly revered cosmetic practitioner that has been serving the suburban Detroit area for years. A board-certified and fellowship-trained oculofacial surgeon, he utilizes his skill and experience to curate treatments that will achieve his patients’ aesthetic ideals. He builds strong connections with his patients early on so that they feel comfortable voicing their concerns and opinions throughout the process.