Water Assisted Liposuction
Dr. Mark Berkowitz is continuously searching for the most innovative cosmetic surgery procedures available to offer his Michigan patients, and as far as liposuction is concerned, BodyJet™ water-assisted liposuction is the wave of the future.
Why choose water-assisted liposuction?
BodyJet™ ‘water assisted liposuction,’ or simply WAL, is a new technique for removing excess fat and sculpting beautiful curves.
The use of water allows for the gradual loosening of your fat cells, so that your body requires less liquid during the procedure when compared to traditional liposuction. This nuance allows Dr. Berkowitz to shape your underlying tissue without working around a cumbersome amount of liquid.
The basics: What you need to know about BodyJet
- Done under local anesthesia
- Visible improvements can be seen after just one session
- Multiple areas of the body can be treated simultaneously
- Ideal for stubborn pockets of fat that are unresponsive to diet and exercise
- The most advanced method of liposuction fat removal
- Minimal recovery and downtime
- Most patients can return to work the very next day
- Quick and minimally-invasive procedure
- No general anesthesia required
- Less pain, swelling, bruising and trauma when compared to traditional liposuction
BodyJet Water Assisted Liposuction Michigan Before & After GalleryView More
Commonly treated areas
Virtually any area of the face and body can be safely treated with BodyJet water-assisted liposuction. The most commonly treated areas among Dr. Berkowitz’s patients include the:
- Hips + buttocks
- Calves + ankles
- Jowls + chin
Are you a candidate?
For optimal results, along with the best chance of a healthy and safe recovery, ideal BodyJet candidates should be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Close to their ideal body weight
- Healthy enough for major surgery
- Without serious health conditions, like diabetes or heart problems
- Committed to a healthy diet and exercise regimen
Schedule a Consultation
BodyJet can help you achieve the contoured body you deserve. Contact our Michigan office today to schedule an appointment and discover what this procedure with Dr. Berkowitz can do for you. Learn more
The recovery period associated with water assisted liposuction is quick and easy for most of our patients, with minimal swelling, bruising and discomfort. You will be able to drive yourself home after the procedure and many of our clients return to work and their normal daily activities right away.
The results of your BodyJet procedure will appear within one to two weeks, at which point you should notice a visible improvement in your body contour.
The removed fat cells will not return, but any weight you gain in the future will be distributed to other areas of the body. As such, it’s important to stay committed to a healthy diet and exercise plan after your treatment, to ensure that you’re able to maintain your new figure.