What is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
A Brazilian butt lift is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures to give your buttocks a lift, making them appear fuller and more voluminous. The procedure essentially involves transferring fat tissues from other parts of your body to the buttocks. Unwanted fat tissues from other parts of the body, such as the abdomen, are suctioned out via liposuction, processed, and injected into the buttocks. This is an incredible body contouring procedure because it redistributes fat tissues for the ideal silhouette.
Accents Cosmetic Surgery is a state-of-the-art and accredited surgical center led by board-certified plastic surgeons who believe in providing the most natural results. We love providing the Brazilian butt lift because it’s far more natural than using silicone implants. Furthermore, since it essentially involves the redistribution of fat tissues from one part to another, it’s ideal for body contouring. You can simultaneously tone two body parts — the buttocks and another region, such as the abdomen, thighs, upper arms, etc.
Reasons for a Brazilian Butt Lift
- You want to restore your buttocks’ volume and fullness after sudden weight changes, pregnancy, or age.
- You want a more contoured and voluminous silhouette.
- You want to address stubborn fat pockets in other regions simultaneously while augmenting the buttocks.
- You want to lift and enhance naturally small buttocks.
You’re a Candidate if You…
- Have sufficient volumes of unwanted fat pockets in other body parts for the grafting.
- Want to enhance your buttocks to make them appear more voluminous or reverse the effects of age, pregnancy, or weight fluctuations.
- Are in generally good physical health.
- Have realistic expectations from the procedure.
- Don’t have underlying medical conditions that preclude you from surgery.
- If you are a nonsmoker or willing to stop smoking before the procedure.
- Don’t have a history of severe bleeding disorders or surgery-related infections.
Your Brazilian Butt Lift Consultation in Michigan
Your Brazilian butt lift procedure starts with a private consultation with the cosmetic surgeons at Accents Cosmetic Surgery. They carefully review your medical history, examine the buttocks, discuss your goals, and identify the ideal donor areas. If you’re a viable candidate for the procedure, they’ll look for areas with stubborn pockets of subcutaneous fat tissues that can be used to harvest fat tissues. They’ll curate the ideal treatment plan with you and walk you through every step of the process. You may also have to prepare for the procedure by avoiding certain nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications that can increase the risk of bleeding and complications.
The Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery in Detroit
The Brazilian butt lift is performed as an outpatient procedure at our accredited surgical center under local or general anesthesia. The type of anesthesia depends on the number of fat tissues that need to be extracted, the surgeon’s recommendations, and your preferences. The surgeon makes a small incision on the donor site to extract fat tissues via liposuction — a small tube-like device vacuums out the unwanted fat tissues. The harvested fat tissues are purified and prepared for injection. The purified fat tissues are strategically injected into the buttocks to create a voluminous, sculpted, and rounded appearance. The liposuction and fat transfer incisions are sutured closed.
Recovering from a Brazilian Butt Lift
The Brazilian butt lift is far safer and more convenient than other buttock enhancement options, such as silicone implants. You may experience swelling, redness, and irritation on the incision areas for a few weeks, and you may have trouble sitting for about two weeks; you’ll also have to sleep on your side or stomach until the area heals completely. The results will appear gradually over several weeks, and you might notice the final results after 6 months. It takes time for the new fat tissues to settle in the new location. You’ll also have to wear compression garments for several weeks to aid the recovery process. However, once the results manifest, you can rest assured they’re permanent.