About laser hair removal
If you are tired of spending long, painful hours trying to remove unwanted hair through waxing, tweezing, shaving, or electrolysis, laser hair removal may be the ideal solution for your goals. The treatment provides instant improvement and is more cost-effective than other hair removal options. With laser hair removal, there is no downtime or recovery to contend with. Patients can return right away to their normal routines.
Our state-of-the-art laser system is the only hair removal technology on the market that can effectively apply all three laser wavelengths using a single handpiece. Thanks to a cutting-edge built-in cooling apparatus, the client feels no pain or discomfort during their session. Laser hair removal can be applied not only to the face but to the whole body as well.
What can laser hair removal do for you?
Michigan Laser hair removal treatments can be used to remove hair from virtually any area of the face and body. Common treatment locations for our Detroit patients include:
- Upper lip
- Bikini area
Laser Hair RemovalAuthorities
Our team of highly experienced and skilled practitioners can help you say goodbye to stubborn hair on your upper lip, face, underarms, bikini zone, back, arms, legs, and any other place where it is bothering you. We offer several different affordable pricing tiers, specials, and lifetime plans that can help revitalize your image and jumpstart your self-confidence.
The basics: What you need to know
- Mild to no discomfort
- Quick + convenient procedure
- 20- to 30-minute treatment experience
- Lasting alternative to shaving, plucking and waxing
- Can be performed on large and small areas of the body
- Many patients enjoy permanent hair loss after several sessions
- Safe for many skin types and hair colors
How it Works
- Consultation – Your treatment begins with a detailed consultation and physical evaluation to determine the best plan of action for achieving your hair removal goals. We answer your questions, explain the laser hair removal process, and empower you with the knowledge and information you need to move forward. We’ll discuss our pricing plans and financing at this time as well.
- Pre-treatment – You’ll need to avoid exposure to the harmful rays of the sun prior to your session, as tanned skin cannot receive laser energy. You should avoid tanning beds and tanning lotions as well. Make sure that you shave either the day before or the day of your appointment, but do not wax or pluck the hairs. Arrive for your laser hair removal session free from makeup, lotions, creams, or perfumes.
- First treatment – Your practitioner will create a grid across the targeted treatment zone to maximize precision and efficacy. You’ll receive safety goggles. Your skin will be cooled as the laser energy is applied, ensuring your comfort and relaxation throughout the process.
- Series of treatments – After your initial treatment, you’ll quickly notice that the new hairs are less coarse and less abundant. You won’t have to shave as often. With each subsequent laser hair removal session, you’ll see a marked reduction in returning hairs. Smoother, softer skin is now becoming a reality.
Before & After Laser Hair Removal MichiganView More
Did you know?
Statistics show that 60% to 95% of the targeted hair is permanently gone after a series of laser hair removal treatments.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal uses light to target the pigment in unwanted hair follicles. The heat destroys the follicle, thus preventing future hair growth without damaging the surrounding skin cells. At Accents Cosmetic Surgery we treat a lot of patient at our Laser hair removal Detroit center. With many happy patients to attest to the care and patience the doctors and staff have to make sure your concerns are heard and addresses properly, so that you have the best possible experience with us.
Schedule a Consultation
Experience the silky smooth benefits of laser hair removal for yourself. Contact our Michigan office today to schedule an appointment and discover what this procedure can do for you. Contact Us
What to expect during your appointment
A few days prior to your laser hair removal appointment, you will be instructed to shave the treatment area. The day of your procedure, we will apply a topical cream to numb your skin and you will be given special glasses to protect your eyes from the light of the laser.
Your technician will then adjust the laser according to your skin color, hair color, hair thickness and the location. From there, he or she will focus the laser energy on the unwanted hair follicles. Most of our Michigan patients report no discomfort during this process, other than a slight stinging sensation.
Recovery + Downtime
Although you may experience some swelling and redness in the treatment area, most of our laser hair removal patients can return to their normal daily activities immediately. Any side effects are temporary in nature and should resolve within 24 hours. In the meantime, you can apply ice and aloe lotion to minimize any discomfort.
FAQ: How many sessions will I need?
Hair grows in cycles. For optimal effectiveness, laser hair removal should be performed when your hair is in the growth stage. As such, your appointments will be spaced approximately one month apart, with most of our Detroit patients requiring four to six laser sessions.
The truth about laser hair removal
Men and women both around the world struggle with body hair. Excessive body hair can lead to you feeling self-conscious and may cause unwanted mental stress and agony. But, you don't need to contend with excessive body hair anymore, our Detroit laser hair removal clinic can solve your problem.
7 reasons to choose laser hair removal today
There are multiple hair removal procedures available in the market today. While some involve the application of hair removing creams, others involve using machines. But laser hair removal has become the most popular method to address body hair. Here's why:
- It is one of the quickest methods to reduce body hair and some sessions take as little as 15 minutes
- It is the closest to permanent body hair removal and the results last years
- You can customize the hair removal as per your desire
- Post-laser hair removal, there is no need to wax, shave, epilate or groom for a very long time
- In the long run, laser hair removal is inexpensive compared to the thousands you may spend on purchasing hair removal products
- You have the option to consult highly-experienced practitioners who can help you customize your hair removal plan
- It is one of the easiest and best ways to empower yourself and regain your self-confidence
A treatment for both men and women
One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is that it is a treatment that can be used by both men and women. Most hair removal treatments follow a one-size-fits-all approach to hair removal and predominantly addresses the needs of women. Additionally, the products or services are designed for temporary hair removal and they do not offer a bespoke result. Laser hair removal, on the other hand, can be personalized to meet the requirements of both male and female candidates.
Will Laser Hair Removal Require More Than One Treatment?
Hair moves through several growth phases. While some follicles are producing hair, others are dormant. It is typically necessary to have more than one treatment so that all the follicles in the area are treated with the laser energy. Some patients may only require one treatment – it will depend upon the quantity of hair, and the number of areas you want treated.
What Areas Can Be Addressed With Laser Hair Removal?
Almost any area of the face or body can be successfully treated with laser hair removal, including upper lip, brows, chest, legs, chin, bikini zone, back, armpits, or arms. The procedure is not uncomfortable to experience, is fast to complete, and is a long-lasting alternative to traditional hair removal treatments. The treatment is safe for many skin types and hair colors and has become the go-to for people who want smooth, hairless skin on face or body.
Does Laser Hair Removal Work Long-Term?
If you are one of the countless people who is tired of waxing, shaving, threading, or plucking unwanted hair, laser hair removal may your answer. The process works through the application of light energy, targeting the hair follicle deep within your skin – where the hair is produced. Once the hair follicle has been damaged, it shrinks and stops producing hair. If you want hair on some area of your face or body to disappear, we invite you to discover the modern way to smooth, hairless skin.
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
While the main, and most dramatic benefit is being free from unwanted hair for the long term, laser hair removal has other benefits. These include the fact that once completed, you can skip the regularly scheduled appointments for waxing. When you consider the costs long term, laser hair removal is a savings. Waxing may have some impact on the health of your skin over time as well. Laser hair removal is fast, has minimal side effects, and is highly effective.
Why Choose Dr. Berkowitz at Accents Cosmetic Surgery for Laser Hair Removal?
Any aesthetic procedure should be performed under the care of a plastic surgeon. He is recognized throughout Michigan for his ability to create beautiful results, and he takes his responsibility to his patients very seriously. His experience, warm personality, and luxury clinics have become the go-to for countless people in the Detroit metro area.
If you are considering laser hair removal, you want to ensure your treatment is preformed with the latest technology, and with patient health and safety as a priority. You can expect personalized treatment and care when your laser hair removal is performed at Accents Cosmetic Surgery, where we are known for achieving exquisite results.
What is a Laser Hair Removal Treatment Like?
The sensation is far less painful than waxing, for example. The feeling is reported to be similar to being snapped with a rubber band, but each “snap” is very brief. Most patients do not find it difficult to tolerate or exceptionally painful.