Thanks to modern surgical advancements, today’s facelift enhances aging facial tissues with less risk and more natural-looking results than ever before. When you choose a surgeon like Dr. Berkowitz who is one of the most experienced surgeons performing a facelift Detroit, Michigan has to offer.
The benefits: What can a facelift do for you?
- Elevate sagging skin
- Redefine aging facial contours
- Soften + smooth deep creases
- Minimize heavy jowls
Are you ready for a facelift?
Although there is no “best” time to have a facelift, most of our Michigan clients choose to refresh their appearance between the ages of 40 and 65.
By age 40, most men and women see the cumulative effects of genetics, sun exposure, smoking, expressions and gravity on their faces. If you begin to notice the following age-related changes, it may be time to consider a facelift:
- Fallen cheek lines
- Loose, sagging skin
- Drooping jowls
- Deep creases
Your facelift options
Perfect for our younger patients
- Define a loose jawline + aging neck
- Quicker procedure + recovery period
- Minimal scarring
Ideal for clients with advanced signs of aging
- Firm skin and soften lines throughout the entire face + neck
- Dramatic + comprehensive transformation
The facelift recovery period
Immediately after traditional or mini facelift, Dr. Berkowitz will place restrictive dressings over the incisions and around your head. You will need a friend or family member in the Detroit area to take you home, as you won’t be able to drive until the effects of the anesthesia have worn off. You will likely be able to resume light, normal activities within a few days, though more vigorous exercise will be restricted until you’ve healed completely.
After a traditional or mini facelift, some bruising and discoloration is to be expected. These effects should resolve on their own fairly quickly. After about one week, you will be able to wear makeup to camouflage any lingering discoloration as you heal. The results of your facelift will be apparent immediately, and they will continue to improve throughout the entire first year.
The pain factor: How uncomfortable is facelift surgery?
During the procedure, you shouldn’t experience any discomfort thanks to the administration of anesthesia via an IV. After surgery, most of our Michigan patients require only Tylenol and ice for the post-operative discomfort. In addition, Dr. Berkowitz will prescribe medication to help you sleep at night and manage any pain.
FAQ: How long will my facelift results last?
A facelift helps turn back the hands of time, but it does not stop the natural aging process. It can help you look years younger than your peers, but you will continue to age moving forward. How long your results last will depend on a variety of factors, including hereditary, sun exposure, diet and more.
Schedule a Consultation
If you’re ready to reclaim your youthful glow, contact our Detroit office today to schedule an appointment and discover what a facelift with Dr. Berkowitz can do for you. Learn more
Beyond the facelift...
A facelift is extremely effective in elevating sagging skin and softening wrinkles, but it can’t target specific features in the way that some of our Detroit clients desire. When this occurs, Dr. Berkowitz may perform a complementary procedure simultaneously to achieve the total transformation you’re seeking.
- Reveal youthful eyes. Sagging eyelids and dark, puffy under eye circles can be transformed with blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery.
- Elevate a sagging brow. A facelift alone can’t reposition a heavy forehead or drooping brow. This requires a brow lift of forehead lift, which can be performed simultaneously.
- Restore a clear complexion. Dr. Berkowitz can’t improve your skin tone, hide blemishes and scars, or address signs of sun damage with a facelift. To address these issues, you will likely require a laser treatment or dermal fillers.