Dr. Faisal Al-Mufarrej, M.D., is a double board-certified surgeon specializing in plastic and craniofacial surgery. He is meticulous, caring, and one of the most sought-after physicians in Detroit, having been named 'Top Doc' in Hour Detroit Magazine several times. In addition to being a practicing plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Al-Mufarrej is an associate professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
What you need to know about Dr. Al-Mufarrej
- Comprehensive offering of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeries for the face and body
- Dr. Al-Mufarrej carefully listens to each patient's goals and concerns. He puts them at ease and ensures both patient and doctor have aligned expectations.
A compassionate approach to cosmetic surgery
Dr. Al-Mufarrej has based his entire practice on the philosophy that the integrity and safety of the patient are always top priorities. He strives to offer uncompromising care; to do that, he crafts a specific aesthetic treatment plan for each patient that addresses every one of their concerns.
One area Dr. Al-Mufarrej specializes in is pediatric plastic surgery. His specialties also include contouring and reconstructive surgeries of the breasts and body. He performs gynecomastia surgery (reduction of male breasts), as well as tummy tucks, liposuction, and fat grafting. Dr. Al-Mufarrej often sees patients for facial cosmetic surgeries like face, neck, eyelid, and brow lifts, as well as rhinoplasty, otoplasty, and cheek and chin augmentations.
An educator and plastic surgeon
As an associate professor of plastic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Al-Mufarrej routinely trains other surgeons. He places much value on patient education, always ensuring his patients are knowledgeable and confident in their procedures. Dr. Al-Mufarrej understands the life-changing power that reconstructive and plastic surgery can have on a patient and enjoys helping them become the best versions of themselves.
Dr. Al-Mufarrej always goes the extra mile
Listening is one of the most essential parts of being a good plastic surgeon. Whether tending to a pediatric patient or a breast cancer survivor, Dr. Al-Mufarrej always maintains a high degree of empathy and respect. Dr. Al-Mufarrej takes the time to discuss every patient's aesthetic goals and their insecurities. He carefully considers their medical history and then formulates a custom care plan that addresses all of their needs.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Al-Mufarrej's substantial experience and patient-centered approach make him one of the most in-demand plastic surgeons in Detroit. Reach out to our Michigan office to schedule your consultation with him today. Contact Us
Education + credentials
Dr. Al-Mufarrej is an experienced, highly regarded plastic surgeon in Michigan. His notable credentials include:
- Board-certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Earned his M.D. from The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland; graduated with honors and numerous academic awards
- Completed his two-year plastic surgery residency at the Mayo Clinic
- Completed a three-year residency training at George Washington University Hospital
- Completed a fellowship in Craniofacial and Pediatric Surgery at Seattle Children's Hospital/University of Washington
- The first recipient of a Plastic Surgery Foundation Grant from Wayne State University/Wayne Health
Dr. Al-Mufarrej is a life-long advocate of education. He is an associate professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Wayne State University School of Medicine, and he trains residents at the Detroit Medical Center. He especially values working in the Metro Detroit community because of the diversity of patients. Catering to a wide variety of people and needs has made him a stronger, smarter, and more empathetic surgeon.
Faisal Al-Mufarrej, M.D. Curriculum Vitae
- Born: Kuwait
- Speaks: English, Arabic
- Enjoys traveling, being outdoors, and spending time with friends and family
Faisal Al-Mufarrej, M.D.:
- General Surgery Residency, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, D.C., 2005-2010.
- Plastic Surgery Residency, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2010-2012.
- Fellowship in Craniofacial and Pediatric Surgery at Seattle Children's Hospital/University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2012-2013.
- Traveling fellowship on Plastic Surgery, Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen (AO), Honk Kong & Taiwan, 2013-2014.
- The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in Dublin, Ireland, MD Degree (Honors), 1997-2003.
- Medical License, Michigan State – December 2008.
- American College of Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Sinai-Grace Hospital
- McLaren Oakland Hospital
- Harper Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital-Dearborn f/k/a Oakwood Hospital & Med Ctr
- Karmanos Cancer Center