Mark N. Berkowitz, M.D. is a uniquely qualified cosmetic surgeon serving the suburban Detroit area. As a board-certified and fellowship-trained oculofacial surgeon, he draws upon his specialized training, technical skill and artistic eye for aesthetics to create natural beauty in each and every one of his patients.
What you need to know about Dr. Berkowitz
A one-of-a-kind approach to cosmetic surgery
Dr. Berkowitz believes in custom aesthetic procedures. He has been providing cosmetic services to Detroit, Michigan for over 25 years – and he has never performed the same surgery twice.
No matter how many nose jobs, eyelid lifts and tummy tucks he does, he continues to assess each patient with fresh eyes and as the unique individuals they are. He is constantly adjusting his technique to meet each client’s needs and ensure that they leave his office looking and feeling their best – with an aesthetic outcome that is truly theirs, and theirs alone.
In a league of his own
Dr. Berkowitz has undergone extensive training in oculofacial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery – a specialty that focuses on improving the appearance and function of the face and eyes.
His specialty is so unique that he is one of a handful of surgeons in Michigan with similar expertise. As such, residents throughout the state and beyond travel to Accents Cosmetic Surgery to receive the state-of-the-art care that Dr. Berkowitz provides.
Kind. Compassionate. Trustworthy.
As a plastic surgeon, Dr. Berkowitz truly values his patients, establishing personal relationships with each and every one of them. His down-to-earth personality is a breath of fresh air that immediately puts our Detroit clients at ease.
Dr. Berkowitz lives with his wife in West Bloomfield, Michigan and is active in his community and at his children’s schools. In his spare time, he enjoys being with his family and supporting his favorite football team, the Detroit Lions.
Schedule a Consultation
From his credentials and technical expertise to the aesthetic outcomes he’s able to achieve, facial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mark Berkowitz is second to none. Contact our Michigan office today to schedule an appointment and begin planning for your transformation. Learn more
Education + credentials
Dr. Berkowitz is an extensively trained and highly respected plastic surgeon in Michigan. His notable credentials include:
- Board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Received fellowship endorsements from the American Society of ophthalmic cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, as well as the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Earned his B.S. degree from City University of New York’s Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education – graduating cum laude and dean’s list
- Achieved his degree from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York in two years
- Completed a one-year Internship at the Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York
- Completed a three-year residency training at the Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York (Chief Resident during his final year)
- Completed a fellowship in oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery in 1995 at the University of Toronto in Canada
Today, education remains a driving force in Dr. Berkowitz’s life – both as an educator and a student. He attends several conferences and workshops each year to learn about advances in technology and techniques that enable him to better serve his clients. Dr. Berkowitz is also committed to patient education. As such, he often shares his knowledge during seminars and in one-on-one consultations with clients.
Mark N. Berkowitz, M.D. Curriculum Vitae
- Marital Status: Married
- Born: Brooklyn, New York
- Children: 2
Mark N. Berkowitz, M.D.
- Residency, Ophthalmology, Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York – July 1991 to June 1994.
- Chief Residency, Ophthalmology Training, Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, July 1993-June 1994.
- Fellowship, Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS ENDORSED) University of Toronto, Toronto Canada, July 1, 1994 – June 30, 1995.
- Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology, Diplomat, October, 1995.
- City University of New York-City College. The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, BS. Degree. Accelerated seven-year BS/MD program-1988. Graduated Cum Laude and Dean’s List.
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, City University of New York, MD Degree May, 1990.
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners, July 1991.
- Medical License, New York State – October 1991.
- Certificate of Registration, The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario – July 1994.
- Internship, Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York – July 1990 to June 1991.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Present Staff Affiliations:
- Henry Ford Macomb, Clinton Twp., MI
- Surgery Center of Michigan, Sterling Heights, MI