Mark N. Berkowitz, MD is a uniquely qualified cosmetic surgeon serving the suburban Detroit area. As a Board Certified and fellowship-trained Oculofacial surgeon, Dr. Berkowitz utilizes his specialized training and exceptional skills to enhance your facial cosmetic needs.
Watch Dr. Berkowitz
Dr. Berkowitz has advanced training in Oculofacial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery. His specialty is so unique that he is one of only 18 other surgeons in Michigan with similar expertise. Residents from as far away as Lansing and Grand Rapids travel to Dr. Berkowitz for their care.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
As one of the top plastic surgeons in Michigan, Dr. Berkowitz brings with him outstanding medical credentials:
- Board certification by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Fellowship endorsements from the American Society of ophthalmic cosmetic & Reconstructive surgery as well as the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
- B.S. degree from City University of New York’s Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education – graduating Cum Laude and Dean’s List.
- Medical degree from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, in New York in two years.
- One-year Internship at Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY
- Three years residency training at Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY (Chief Resident during his final year)
- Fellowship in Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1995 at the University of Toronto in Canada.
Education remains a driving force in Dr. Berkowitz’s life – both as an educator and a student. Dr. Berkowitz attends several conferences and workshops each year to learn about advances in technologies and techniques which he shares with his patients when fitting. Dr. Berkowitz is also committed to patient education – sharing his knowledge during seminars and in one-on-one consultations.
Dr. Berkowitz values establishing personal relationships with his patients. He has a “down-to-earth” personality and takes the time to know his patients. He actively practices his communication skills with his two sons!
Dr. Berkowitz lives with his wife in West Bloomfield, Michigan, and is active in his community and children’s schools. He enjoys spending his free time with his family and supporting his favorite football team, the Detroit Lions.
To speak directly with Dr. Berkowitz, contact us online to see how you can benefit from his experience. He has helped patients from Troy to Ann Arbor, Warren to Lansing, and he can help you find a better, revitalized you as well. Call today at 866-579-7508.